The time has almost come to send the kids back to school and after a Summer filled with sunshine and lots of fun the sun lotion, ice creams, dirty feet and home play has taken its toll on your house and your nerves. It’s time for everyone to get back into a routine, clean the house, especially that sofa, and bring back the much needed me-time following many weeks of neglect.
Therefore, Wecasa, the online mobile wellness, beauty and home care services booking platform, is a mission to help you get your house and yourself back to “normal”. The team at Wecasa work with super clean freaks who have just the tips for getting sorted. And, of course if you’d rather Wecasa helps you out, book a professional cleaner to come to your home.
How to get the summer stains out of your sofa
After the kids have been home from school for many weeks it’s not just the house that’s been tipped upside down but as your sofa is one of the most used pieces of furniture in your home it’s probably been the one piece of furniture that’s seen the most use and the most stains, spills, and general wear and tear. But don’t despair! With a little bit of effort, you can keep your sofa looking as good as new. First identify your fabric and once you have done so you can proceed with the cleaning process. The main first steps include:
- The first step is to vacuum the sofa: this will help remove any dust or dirt that is on the surface of the sofa. If you have a sofa with removable covers, it is advisable to remove them and wash them separately
- The next step is to pre-treat any stains that are on the sofa: this can be done by using a stain remover or a Sofa cleaning solution. You can either use a spray bottle to apply the solution or you can use a cloth to apply it
- Once the pre-treatment is done, it is time to start cleaning the sofa. For this, you will need a sofa cleaner that is specifically made to clean whatever fabric your couch is made out of. Apply the Sofa cleaner on the couch and scrub it in with a brush
- Finally, rinse off the sofa cleaner with clean water and let the sofa air dry. Once it is completely dry, you can vacuum it again to remove any residual dirt or dust
Tips for making me-time part of your routine following back to school
The school summer holidays are lovely but long. The juggle for parents becomes very real and often it’s me-time that gets pushed to the sidelines. Wecasa is on a mission to make a positive impact on people’s lives by bringing ease, convenience and a fresh approach to at-home on-demand treatment services and making it a part of your ongoing lifestyle now the kids are back at school:
- Schedule it in: we are often guilty of putting everyone before ourselves and letting daily chores take over precious me-time. Make a conscious effort to build self-care and me-time into your lifestyle. Look at your overall time and figure out where there is space for you to be the priority, then schedule this in on an ongoing basis
- Book it in, in advance: people often feel guilty about booking in time for themselves; however, it is as useful to your mental wellbeing as a routine doctor’s appointment. It often helps to book in your desired me-time in advance to avoid letting it fall to the wayside. Book up multiple appointments, activities and relaxation to fill up the diary. We find that if we do this then it fits into our schedule and we won’t cancel because it’s already been paid for
- Be in the moment: we cannot say this enough, but turn off your phone. It’s a challenge, we know, but to fully appreciate me-time and self-care you need to be in the moment and block out the outside world – those emails can wait and so can those WhatsApp messages – turn airplane mode on and make it a real break
How it works
Wecasa works with freelance service professionals to provide professional, convenient offerings to their local customer base. The company currently has 400 skilled professionals on their books and are planning to increase this by 1000 in the coming year to help them expand further into the UK.
Customers seeking services can be connected with a professional quickly and easily just by visiting www.wecasa.co.uk or the app store to choose their desired service (e.g., beauty, massage, home cleaning). From there, they simply enter their postcode, select who the booking is for, select the treatment date and time and they are instantly connected with a local service provider who can come straight to their door.
It’s that simple, enjoy!
Wecasa is your go-to online booking platform for mobile at-home wellness, beauty, and home services, seven days a week. Visit www.wecasa.co.uk for further information and to book now.