Over the last few years there has been an explosion in adult advent calendars that give a lot more than a small cheap piece of chocolate. They can range from budget to exclusive and include bottles of plonk , make up etc
In the affordable but definitely worth it are two offerrings from Whittard of Chelsea that should appeal to all.
First up lets start with the obvious – tea! At just £70 comes the Tea Advent Calendar (what do you think it would be named). It’s in a great looking fold out box and the day numbers are jumbled up just like in one of the aforementioned kiddies items.
Open the beautifully designed doors to reveal 24 boxes, each draw of December holds 4 individually wrapped teabags. You’ll find everything from unique Whittard blends to renowned single origins, and with a little extra gift to start your journey – it’s a tea lover’s dream.
• Teabags featured: Christmas Tea, Darjeeling, Darling Grey, Earl Grey, Elderflower & Apple, English Breakfast, English Rose, Festive Breakfast, Lemon & Ginger, Mango & Bergamot, Organic Camomile, Organic Peppermint, Organic Rooibos, Peach, Raspberry & Rose, Refresh, Sleepy, Very Berry Crush and Warming.
• Tea types included: 7x black (Christmas Tea, Darjeeling, Darling Grey, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, English Rose, Festive Breakfast), 1x green (Mango & Bergamot), 3x organic infusions (Organic Camomile, Organic Peppermint and Organic Rooibos) 4x herbal infusions (Lemon & Ginger, Sleepy, Refresh and Warming) and 3x fruit infusions (Elderflower & Apple, Peach, Raspberry & Rose and Very Berry).
• Number of servings (using 1 teabag per cup): 94 individually wrapped teabags = a grand total of 94 cuppas!
There is a more budget friendly selection at just £20 which is a tower box called a feast of tea which is a selection of eight classic black and green teas. There are 40 individually wrapped teabags in total, and the whole collection is stunningly packaged in a decorative seasonal display box.
Moving on there is also a Hot Chocolate version, also at £70, which has the same design with fold out doors and 24 draws.
There’s 12 delectable flavours to discover, from their signature Luxury and Luxury White to creative, cutting-edge concoctions Sticky Toffee Pudding and Cookies & Cream. Feast away…
• Hot chocolates featured: Luxury, Luxury White, Salted Caramel, Rocky Road, Christmas Hot Chocolate, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Raspberry Ripple, Mint, 70% Cocoa, Cookies and Cream, Crème Brûlée and Orange.
• Hot chocolate bases included: 6x milk chocolate, 1x dark chocolate, 1x black and 4x white chocolate
• Format: Powder – we recommend making it with hot milk (or your preferred milk alternative) rather than water for the ultimate smooth, creamy cup. Find out how to make the perfect hot chocolate here.
• Number of servings (using 1 20g sachet per mug): 24 x 2 (20g) sachets – that’s a grand total of 48 hot chocolates
If you want to go on a more budget level then there is the Festive Hot Chocolate Heaven Selection Tin which is just £16
in-house creator had the rather enjoyable job of hand-picking and tasting 12 delicious concotions from the Whittard range, including our signature smooth Luxury and buttery sweet Luxury White, as well as innovative inventions Sticky Toffee Pudding and our Christmas Hot Chocolate. Our biggest flavour selection yet, you’re sure to find a new favourite.
• Hot chocolates included: Luxury, Luxury White, Salted Caramel, Christmas, Rocky Road, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Raspberry Ripple, Orange, Mint, Cookies & Cream, Crème Brulee and 70% Cocoa